The De-Stress Diva’s Guide to Life by Ruth Klein
When you feel stressed out, you don’t have the time or energy to completely overhaul every aspect of your life. You need help for what’s bothering you right now—and you need it right away! You need the De-Stress Diva.
In this book, America’s De-Stress Diva Ruth Klein gives you proven strategies for overcoming seventy-seven common stressors, with practical tips and techniques that you can put to work immediately to rebalance and re-energize your life. The De-Stress Diva understands the many stress points women encounter in juggling work, family, and friends. She has helped countless women overcome the stressful situations that affect them most to bring more joy into their lives, and now she can do the same for you.
The De-Stress Diva’s easy-to-follow tips enable you to conquer stressors with the help of:
Aromatherapy, yoga, massage, and meditation
Diet, supplements, and herbs
Organizational and time management skills
So the next time you’re angry with your boss or have so much to do you don’t know where to start, don’t panic—read The De-Stress Diva’s Guide to Life and take immediate action to relieve your stress and become healthier, happier, and more relaxed. You deserve it!
The De-Stress Diva’s Guide to Life by Ruth Klein: Chapter Listing
Chapter 1 Forget Perfect.
1. Think Positive.
2. Do You See the Glass as Half-Full or Half-Empty?
3. Be Careful of the Superwoman Urge.
4. Has Your Stress Thermostat Reached “Overwhelmed”?
5. Time to Focus on What Is Most Important . . . Now.
6. Uncork Your Feelings.
7. Expectations Are a Setup for Frustration.
8. Laughter De-Stresses the Spirit.
9. Create Boundaries without Blaming Yourself or Others.
10. Are You Feeling Anxious Yet?
Chapter 2 Life Changes: Ready or Not.
11. Starting a New Job Stress-Free.
12. Changing Careers: Now What?
13. Delegating Is a Good Thing.
14. Surviving Hot Flashes and the Great Transition.
15. Moving Made Easy.
16. Pregnancy-Proof Your Life.
18. The Great Divide: How to Survive Divorce.
Chapter 3 The Work Place.
19. Traffic Jams.
20. Start Your Workday Stress-Free.
21. Take Control of the Phone.
22. E-mail: When You Reach the Limit.
23. Where Did the Time Go?
24. Beginning Those Hard-to-Start Projects.
25. Now, Where Is That Important Document?
26. Your Peak Energy Pick-Me-Up.
27. The Short and Sweet Meeting.
28. Compromise and Cooperation: They Really Work.
29. De-stress with Employees.
30. De-stress with Colleagues.
31. The Impossible Boss.
32. Saying “No” at Work.
33. Winding Down after Work.
Chapter 4 Money Matters.
34. Taking Responsibility for Your Money.
35. Paying Bills.
36. Getting Out of Debt.
37. De-Stress Retirement Plans.
38. Finding a New Home.
39. Selling a Home with Less Stress.
Chapter 5 Relax and Energize Your Body.
40. Start Your Day with a Smile on the Inside.
41. Great Ways to Start Your Day.
42. Creating Bedtime Rituals.
43. Beginning a New Exercise Regimen.
44. Avoiding Exercise Burnout.
45. Don’t Forget Your Feet.
46. Getting a Good Night’s Sleep.
Chapter 6 Eating and Being Well.
47. Eat Well and Feel Well.
49. What Do You Want to Eat for Dinner?
50. Grocery Shopping Made Easy.
51. Diet Is a Four-Letter Word.
Chapter 7 Pain: When it Really Hurts.
52. When It’s That Time of the Month Again.
53. Accidents and Injuries.
55. Aches and Pains.
Chapter 8 De-Stress Your Relationshis.
56. I Love My Children . . . Most of the Time.
57. Family Time Can Be Relaxing.
58. Siblings: Good Stress and Bad Stress.
59. Surviving Teenagers.
60. Parents: They Know Your Trigger Points.
61. Significant Others and Love Relationships.
62. Everyone Needs a Friend.
63. Create Your Supportive SWAT Team.
64. Helping the Feline in Your Life Relax .
65. Dogs Need Love, Too.
66. Taking Care of Ailing Pets.
Chapter 9 Household Chores and Charm.
67. De-Stress Your Home.
68. Tackling Room Clutter.
Chapter 10 ’Tis the Season for Stress: Party Planning and the Holidays.
71. Seasonal Changes.
72. De-Stress Airports.
73. Dinner Parties.
74. Children’s Parties.
75. Cocktail Parties.
76. Holiday Decorations.
77. Holiday Entertaining.